This is one of those unbelievable snacks that’s super easy and looks fancy. I can’t only have 1, I made 4 the other day and then after I ate those I had to make 4 more! What I also love about this is that you can change it up and make a whole different array of crostini’s.
This one in particular is a roasted tomato (for this I used cherry tomatoes on the vine – found at Trader Joes) basil and goat cheese crostini on slices of French bread. To make this simply delish crostini:
- Place tomatoes on a baking sheet sprayed with oil and roast at 400 degrees for 10 minutes or until cracked and mushy.
- Midway through roasting add the sliced bread (sprayed on each side with olive oil), to the baking sheet so they get nice and crispy, or to your desired doneness.
- Once tomatoes are done remove baking sheet from oven, and remove the toasts to a separate preparing platter.
- Layer on each slice of toast: Goat cheese, than basil and then either the whole roasted tomato or a half (this depends on how big your slices are).
- If you are a balsamic fan like myself I add a little of the balsamic after I spread the goat cheese out, to give it more of a pungent flavor.
This crostini is great for either a snack or for appetizers when having people over. If you don’t like goat cheese it is equally as delicious using mozzarella cheese. That’s what’s so great about it, you can fancy it up or casual it down, but either way it looks great and tastes even better!