Besides that, it’s also super scrumptious. This is a great appetizer or a side dish for Italian dinners with its ricotta parsley yumtastic filling.
You don’t have to roast your own peppers, but if you use store bought peppers make sure you dry them off really well and buy the full peppers instead of the stringy ones.
Yields: 4 -6 Rolled Stuffed Peppers
What you’ll need:
- 2 Roasted Red Peppers
- ½ Cup Ricotta
- 1 tbsp. Parmesan Cheese
- ¼ Cup Mozzarella
- ¼ Cup Chopped Parsley
- 4 Leaves of Basil – Chopped
- 1 Tsp. Oregano
- 2 Cloves of Garlic – Chopped
- 1 Egg
- Salt & Pepper
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Once fully combined, lay your peppers down on your cutting board skin side down (you should be staring at the “inside” of the pepper). Lay a teaspoon or more of the cheese mixture at the top of the pepper (the biggest part of the pepper).
Start rolling your pepper towards the bottom of the pepper. Roll it as tight as you can without causing it to rip and then using a toothpick pierce the seam of the pepper to keep it closed.
Repeat with the rest of the peppers and lay them on your baking tray, save any of the cheese mixture by putting it in the fridge. Put them in the oven for 15 minutes and serve immediately. They are much better hot out of the oven.
- Goat Cheese Stuffed Jalapenos Wrapped in Bacon (foodservicewarehouse.com)
- Stuffed Peppers with Identity Issues (sundaysupperswithpippa.wordpress.com)
- Stuffed Bell Peppers with Field Roast, Ricotta & Spinach (epicureanvegan.com)
- Summertime Stuffed Peppers (practicallycrazy.wordpress.com)
- An attempt to recapture a taste from the past (zombiesatemynomnoms.wordpress.com)