White wine and garlic, if these two things aren’t in your cooking repertoire they should be. These two ingredients are usually always on hand and ALWAYS taste good together. Whether they are paired together in pasta dishes, poultry, fish or in this case veggies, it’s a safe bet that the food will taste light and fantastic.
Serves 3-4 People; Under $15 (depending on your wine choice)
What you’ll need:
- Sauté Pan
- Garlic Press
- Bottle opener (if its not a twist top)
- 1 Bunch of Broccoli – cut into bite size pieces
- 3 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 3 cloves of garlic – chopped
- ¼ Cup White Wine (your choice – I like the cheap stuff in this case)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
Heat the olive oil in your sauté pan. Once hot, add the garlic, sauté for a minute or two, reduce to low- medium temp so it doesn’t burn the garlic. Add the broccoli and feel free to bring the temp up to medium high and stir for about 5 minutes. Next add your white wine, salt and pepper. Mix well so it’s combined and the broccoli has absorbed the wine. Once the broccoli is at your desired doneness (some like it crunchier while others like it mushier) remove from the pan, plate and serve.
- Spicy Cashew Chicken & Broccoli (thatszogood.wordpress.com)
- Pasta con Broccoli (from Appetite for Reduction) (theveggiegoth.wordpress.com)